2 women trying to make a baby

Monday, December 29, 2008

What goes up...

Our hopes were so high this IUI because HJ had many many early preg symptoms. We were even so confident that we decided to test on Christmas day..... one single sad pink line. Sigh... oh well, we still had a great holiday. Fantastic food, fun with the family and lovely gifts!! However on the 26th when the pg test was STILL negative, HJ's mood took a serious plunge. Suffice it to say that we did not really enjoy her birthday the way I hoped. She perked back up by the 27th and I thought she had accepted that this round was simply a bust, until we went to wally world and she decided to buy a different kind of pg test. "Uh oh" is my only thought. I am so pleased that we have company right now. MB is one of HJ's oldest pals and they are super-silly when they are together-- hopefully MB's presence will help soften the blow. I am quite certain that this round is over and honestly I hope AF makes her appearance soon as I simply cannot buy another fruitless hpt this month.



I'm fine. Statistically it takes about 4-5 IUI's to achieve a pregnancy: I am consoling myself with numbers and probabilities. In my mind, HJ will succeed within the next 2 tries. (Fingers crossed here.) I realized over the Christmas break that I may need to postpone my next IVF until February to account for a presentation HJ has to make at a big conference. Strangely, I feel a sense of peace about the next IVF. I am really hopeful and perhaps that is why HJ's failed IUIs are not personally painful for me right now. I guess I am also thinking that now will be a good time to increase my workouts since I cannot do much during the IVF cycle.... silver linings and such.

A new year will hopefully bring new outcomes.

4 comments:

A said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. Sorry about the BFN. It's good that you are keeping a positive attitude. That's half the battle. I hope good news comes to you soon.

Anonymous said...

hi ~ i just found your site when i saw your comment on puffer's blog.

looks like we are on similar paths. i recently had an ivf cycle followed by a m/c at 9 weeks too. im gearing up for a FET in jan/feb.

im sorry to hear about the recent bfn with your dp's last cycle. im trying to convince my partner to get back in the ttc game too, but she's a little slow to jump back in because she's worried about being pregnant together. i'll be interested to read your story as you and your partner carry at the same time (which i have faith you will!) :)

peace
s

Danielle said...

Dang it... so much for a Christmas miracle.... I think the more enjoyable Christmas Miracle will be next year when you're celebrating with your child(ren) That will be way more fun!

Wishing you all the best and all the motivation you'll need to get working out and moving so you're feeling great when the next IVF comes around.

Fingers crossed!

D

Danielle said...

Dang it... so much for a Christmas miracle.... I think the more enjoyable Christmas Miracle will be next year when you're celebrating with your child(ren) That will be way more fun!

Wishing you all the best and all the motivation you'll need to get working out and moving so you're feeling great when the next IVF comes around.

Fingers crossed!

D