2 women trying to make a baby

Saturday, April 4, 2009

If you blog it, he will come (updated)

9 AM more frustrations....really?!

This morning started out so well. J had the new donor sp.erm delivered to the doctor yesterday and spoke with the nurse to double check that they do IUIs over the weekend. We get up this morning, and J has a lovely surge showing up on the OPK. We call the doctor's office and get the answering service: our doc is not on call this weekend. The on-call doc calls us back shortly and screeeeech! The good day comes to a halt. On-call doc says that they do not normally do IUIs over the weekend but that he would see if he could get some techs to go to work and would call us back. We have been waiting for over 30 minutes and our anxiety is rising to a fever pitch. It's not even like we can just run to the doc's office and pick up our sperm... it's being held hostage. If we have to wait until MOnday to do the IUI, J will have ovulated and that will be about $1000 and another month down the drain. Gar, urrrrr, arg, sh*t, F*ck and etc!

9:30 happy dancing

The on-call doc spoke with our regular doc and he WILL see us today!!! yippee! I think our doc shared the sad story of 3 failed IVFs and 4 failed insemination attempts in the last year. The doc said he will meet us in 2 hours and he was so much nicer on call #2. Apparently he also heard that my TTC posse was gathering... :)

12 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh man, I would be flipping my top!! How dare they??? I've never heard of an RE not doing procedures on any day... as the human body doesn't know weekday to weekend!! I hope everything works out.

Next in Line said...

Do you want me to put on my Ninja outfit and bust that sperm out-a-there? Honestly they have to do IUI's on the weekend. How the heck is this ever supposed to work otherwise?

Anonymous said...

Phew! I was on the edge of my seat, ready to come over there and break into that doc's office myself!

Pufferfish said...

And of course through all of this some people have the nerve to say "maybe if you just relax...."
Sorry your morning started off so stressful, but happy to hear it all is going to work out in the end!

Jackie said...

I'm so glad that things worked out before it had to escalate to Ninja-dom. I had my IUI today, too. Here's to hoping the next two weeks go quickly!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, we were gathering!

how can they not do iuis on the weekend?! thats insane, especially when you are hopped up on expensive drugs!

im glad to hear it worked out in the end, hope the procedure went smoothly!

Carrie and MJ said...

Good Luck, Good Luck, Good Luck! Sending loads of baby dust your way! Hope the IUI went smoothly.

tbean said...

THANK GOODNESS it got sorted out. Fingers crossed for a successful 2ww!

fabby said...

I love how some RE's offices think you can time this shit. "No, no, don't drop the egg now, ovary! We must wait until Monday!" Sheesh! I'm glad you got it worked out and sending baby dust your way!

Laurie said...

I didn't notice the update! Woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

Thank God! Here's to the happiest of ending for this tww! I am pulling for you.

Heather said...

No IUIs on the weekend? are they nuts? So what, everyone has to wait until Monday when it is convientent for the docs? Ugh, so annoying.