2 women trying to make a baby

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Missing

I would like to place a missing *erm* person's report please. It's my aunt, Aunt Flo. She has gone missing. While normally she is something of an inconvenience because she likes to do things like drop by when I am unprepared or irritate me on a day I need to be cheerful. However, this month I have been waiting for her. I have set the stage for her arrival and many plans hang in the balance depending upon her arrival schedule. She did phone ahead on Monday, causing me endless frustration. She has decided to be something of a persnickety cuss and now she will not show herself. You see I usually see her about every 25-26 days. This time she has decided to make a grand late entrance when she KNOWS that I need to call CD1 into the RE's office.

What else have I been doing with my free time? Working on becoming a crazy cat lady. I still only have the 2 kittens, but now I talk to them and ABOUT them almost endlessly. J and I have become completely redundant. We must utter some version of the sentence, "Have you seen what Uggs/Ringo/they is(/are) doing right now?" Then we make up words to go with their actions and the thoughts we imagine them having. Sad really.

So yeah, my period needs to show up within the next 24-36 hours to keep us on schedule with our donor egg cycle. If AF does show up in a timely way, I should have some embryos in my body in early/mid September. Can I actually be excited to start taking shots again?
.

9 comments:

Pufferfish said...

I'm paging AF for you. She needs to get her little red head on down to you pronto!

And about the cats....are these your first cats? Because I'm still having the same conversations with/about my cats 17 years later. It never really stops. That's what kitty love is all about:)

Best When Used By said...

Just in case AF doesn't answer Pufferfish's page, I'm writing AF a threatening letter, reminding her of her obligations. You have a schedule to keep! And you know what, I talk and even sing to my dogs! Seriously. I make up goofy, ridiculous, rhyming songs about them. So you and J go right ahead making up words and having fun with it!

tireegal68 said...

I pulled in some favors with the AF police and have an APB out on her. She can run but she can't hide.

Anonymous said...

That flakey bitch. You can never depend on her.

I am guilty of the same wacky pet talk. Instant dork, just add fluff.

Anonymous said...

Come on AF! I'd be more than happy to send you mine, if only that would work.

Regarding cat talk: we would talk endlessly about ours if it were socially acceptable to do so. We have certain friends who are also cat-centered and sometimes we realize we've spent a whole dinner talking cat. Love it!

Anonymous said...

that flaky bitch, indeed! im sending demands upon the universe that she show up pronto so you can stay on schedule.

our pup has her own unique voice and personality we have created - you sound perfectly normal to me! :)

Anonymous said...

Any luck yet? I read your post right before I fell asleep last night. Every dream I had was about AF...

Next in Line said...

It is the weirdest thing when she goes missing. I am sending her a text message telling her to show herself. You've got eggs to grow!

C.I.W. said...

UGH. She is just so LIKE THAT... showing up when she wants.. never on time.. you can NEVER count on her... I am totally over her

:)

I think I had that conversation 239 times in college and high school..

I hope she shows up... then you can celebrate with her and the cats..

casey