2 women trying to make a baby

Monday, July 27, 2009

Out of the starting gate

I am having serious difficulty creating any sort of post in which I talk about the schedule for my donor egg cycle. So sorry folks, the following is rather informative but really not very clever.
  • I am now on BCP's. (always such an irony)
  • At the end of this week I add a Z pak.
  • August 10, Begin Lupron injections.
  • August 20, Begin Estradiol injections.
  • August 31, Last suppression check and Estradiol level taken.
  • Sept 7, they thaw and fertilize my (donor) eggs.
  • Sept 10, Embryo transfer!!!
  • Various monitoring visits thrown in for good measure and a mock embryo transfer sometime in August.
  • Sept 20, I will take my 1st hpt--- if I have shown amazing self-restraint.

I am feeling strangely calm about this cycle. I suppose I have great faith in young eggs and I just can't stand to think about how I will react if... you know. So la la la, I am NOT thinking about that. I am thinking happy thoughts and trying to decide if I am brave enough to paint the nursery.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow!!! It's really happening. This is terrific news!

I'm looking forward to how things unfold. I have a sneaking suspicion that as Elly arrives you will have a new life beginning. It's going to be incredible.

D

tireegal68 said...

oooh now that is exciting enough - doesn't have to be clever!!!
I didn't know they were thawing the eggs - cool - wow - it is so close!!! I have my pack of BCPs at the ready - just waiting for the go ahead! Can't wait for your bfp!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

yikes!! how exciting!! i love a countdown calendar - suddently i have an urge to make one of those construction paper chains for you! ;)

paint that nursery, woman! soon enough you wont be able to!

i always assumed they would fertilize the donor eggs right away...would you mind telling us a bit more about the donor egg process and why they freeze the eggs instead of fertilizing and doing a transfer 3-5 days later? (feel free to ignore request if too nosy).

so, so, so excited for you!

C.I.W. said...

holy. shit.

this is WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rock ON!

Anonymous said...

Holy shit! This is so exciting. We are on nearly the same schedule. And Sept. 20th?! That is some serious restraint. I'm totally going to pull a baby mama and poas when I get home from the transfer.

Seriously - the word verification is fluid eg. As in, what they will be thawing. It's totally a sign.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is all so close. I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers. I can't wait until 9/20!

Best When Used By said...

I'm sorry I somehow missed this post. I am so excited that you have a schedule! Concrete days to cross off and look forward to. Yay! So your transfer is like, 5 weeks away?! Fantastic! I can't wait. I am sending positive thoughts and lots of prayers your way.