2 women trying to make a baby

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Held hostage

Well not exactly, but the clinic did not give us any details on how the egg thaw went today. I called my clinic-created mailbox all afternoon and.... nothing, nada, zilch. zero, no dice. I came home and double-checked my paperwork and the clinic said I could call for a fertilization report TOMORROW. So it seems that technically speaking, the clinic is doing is exactly what they promised and taking care of the embryos (You say potAto/ I say potato). Doesn't my RE know that I need some information today? Doesn't she get it that mommy needs information about the egg babies? The good news is that it seems that J and I are equally disturbed.

So J comes home and says, "Do you think we have babies? What do you think they look like?"

Me: "Microscopic round little balls most likely. High quality perfect cell balls."

J said: "High quality perfectly round balls with equally dividing cells."

Me: "Yeah, those are our babies."




Shoutout to Queerstork:
http://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert_asks_why_are_we_happy.html

9 comments:

Next in Line said...

It would be cool if you get a nannycam and watch those little eggs dividing and growing.

Anonymous said...

here's to word SOON. thanks for the link!

Mina said...

I can't wait for an update! :0)

C.I.W. said...

awwww....I should start knitting booties.

aww.. I should learn how to knit.

ugh.

I will just wait patiently for good news instead :)

*BIG HUGS!!!*

Anonymous said...

I CANNOT wait to meet those egg babies! Let's go babies, let's go!

Best When Used By said...

I hope tomorrow and the phone call arrive IMMEDIATELY. The tick-tock of waiting for news is torture! But I'm sure you have lots of lovely perfectly dividing little balls of cells, with no fragmentation. Did I ever tell you that my DH said the photo of our 3-day embies look like the dust clouds over Pigpen's head (from the Peanuts characters)? And, well, they do!

Anonymous said...

oh, that is so uncool that you dont get an immediate thaw report. dont they know you are thinking of nothing else?!

ill be checking in all day today - cant wait to hear how your beautiful embryos are doing! :)

Anonymous said...

Oy! Why are they withholding info on your eggs?! I'm crossing my fingers for a great update soon!

tbean said...

Anxiously awaiting news!