2 women trying to make a baby

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WHOA!?

Do you ever have a series of events happen in your life that leave you feeling dumbfounded? Yep, that is where I am right now. After days of going back and forth between acceptance, sadness and anger, I did not expect this turn of events.

So this is the story.

Yesterday, I had not gotten AF after 7 days which made me concerned that something might be amiss. J called the IVF nurse for me who suggested I take another hpt but said not to worry. Don't get excited... still negative. I bought some super cheapo hpts, because I did not want to spend good money to tell me what I already knew. The first test, I failed. Seriously, I failed it and got no response at all. Apparently, I flooded the thing and got no lines whatsoever. I did not know that could even happen! El cheapo #2 confirmed that I am still not pregnant. Really it's okay. J and I laughed alot.

Also the financial lady from our clinic called. She is really nice and we like her. She said that the whole clinic was upset that our cycle ended with a BFN. Then she said.....wait for it...... that the clinic will let us cycle again for the super low introductory donor egg price!!!! Not exactly free but 1/3 the price of what other people are paying now. They felt that we have been through too much and they saw no reason this cycle should have failed.

*slightly dazed look and glassy eyes* Yes, I would like 2 more tickets for the crazy train, please.

So today marks CD1 for me and I get right back on BCPs on Thursday. The nurse was calling my other meds into the fertility pharmacy this afternoon.

I also feel the need to apologize to my credit cards in advance. They are about to be inundated.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. just wow.

i got a little teary reading this - hooray for unexpected kindness and generosity! (and from a doctor's office, no less!) i am so excited that you are back aboard the ttc train and have a new plan -- that is starting so soon! ♥

Anonymous said...

Holy shit! Now THAT is how feeling, gentle, kind people should act. That is incredible, I'm SO happy for you.

Meredith said...

My heart just melts with happiness for you!

By the way- of all the pharmacies I've called this weekend, Ascend is the least expensive for Lupron (generic) 14 day right now. (99, free shipping)

Robbie said...

Well holy hell, it's about time something went your way. How wonderful would it be for your family to be created from an act of blatant kindness? That's gotta instill some good kharmic qualities right into the embryos. :)

Lizzie said...

Holy cow. That's wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

Next in lines said...

Just like that a plan fell into your lap. I am sure your credit cards will understand.

Mina said...

OMG OMG OMG! How wonderful!!!! I'm ecstatic for you, girl!

Inlocoparentis said...

OMG, I am so excited! That's awesoome news.

Finn's Mom said...

Wow, a clinic with a heart, who'd a thunk it?!? Grab on to that gift with all four hands -- clearly you and J are destined to be parents, it's just a crazy road they have you on.

Pufferfish said...

Whoa indeed. That is a lot to have go "thump" in your lap. But what a good thump. I'm really happy for you!

Anonymous said...

How great is that? That's a nice clinic you have there. Everything crossed for you!

tbean said...

Cindy--this news has seriously, seriously made my day. I am so happy and excited for you. I love when good things happen to good people. hugs

t said...

Oh wow! That is amazing and surprising and wonderful! I'm so incredibly happy to read this!

Best When Used By said...

What a super stroke of luck! Here you are, getting AF, and *BOOM* would you also like a discounted ticket for another try...and you can start in 2 days! Take it as a sign! Take it as a good omen that this wildly coincidental beginning will result in wildly wonderful dreams come true! Congratulations!

C.I.W. said...

GIVE ME A WOOT WOOT!!!

Good things happen to good people..

yay! :)
casey

GIsen said...

Sweeeet! It must be Christmas.

Dagny said...

good luck Cindy.

I'm glad something good is happening.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

This is the stuff urban legends are made of. Except, for once, I can say that I truly know the couple this happened to. Amazing!

Julie said...

awesome
I'm very excited for you

Anonymous said...

Wait what? Humanity, good will, loads of luck, hope, kindness, new beginnings... How the hell did that happen? ;)

Cindy! That is freakin fantastic! Some things are just meant to be and your baby is one of them. This made my night and I am so very happy for you. Soooo happy.

tireegal68 said...

I am so happy for you - wow - that post was a little rollercoaster with a super happy ending!!!!
Everything crossed for you and sending HUGE sticky healthy vibes to you and the embies to be~

mama bea, bao in the oven said...

That is such, such wonderful news! It totally warmed my heart to hear about your office's generosity and kindness and just general all-around acting like human beings. I'm thrilled for you!

Danielle said...

thinking of you...

D