2 women trying to make a baby

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Changes in attitude

A few odd things have happened on the TTC front today. I am not exactly certain that these have a unifying theme but they are filling my head tonight. So I will share.

1) A coworker brought in her newborn baby today. She came into my office and asked me if I wanted to come see her little girl. What could I say? So I went and very few coworkers were there. I ended up holding the baby. This is the sort of task I avoid because it usually rips my heart out. Today…..nothing. I am fine. No tears. No qualms. No emotional shake-up. It’s a little weird to be so calm.
2) As we were watching American Idol, HJ looked over at me and said, “I don’t have any pregnancy symptoms. I know I am not pregnant.” She says that she does not want to try anymore IUIs for a while: the failure is wearing on her. Maybe the 3rd time will be the charm for us. Then again maybe she will change her mind since she has scheduled an appointment with an RE in 2 weeks. Change tends to be her nature.
3) HJ had lunch with a male friend. He is a very intuitive man and they were discussing how TTC wears on us emotionally. Out of the blue, he offered to donate to us. I don’t know if we will ever take him up on the offer of free sperm, but the thought is incredibly kind. So 3 men in the past year have offered up their DNA. Who would have guessed?
4) I just wish my IVF cycle would hurry along! As odd as this seems, I am sooooo ready to start injections: at least it will finally feel as though I am doing something about getting pregnant. Time is passing so slowly.
5) I am ovulating so I have that “I wanna find a random sperm donor” feeling. I always wonder if I would be able to get pregnant the old fashioned way. But several obvious reasons, I will not be doing that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

might as well go in the same order :)

1. kudos. really, i can't do that. i usually bolt from my office when i hear a coworker bringing his/her baby around.

2. i heart american idol. and having no pregnancy symptoms doesn't mean anything - i've got my fingers crossed for ya'll!!

3. you have three awesome men in your lives. im very impressed. we've had 0 offers (not that we'd accept anyhow...)

4. when do you start shooting up for the feb ivf? i agree that doing something feels better than not moving at all!

5. sounds like you have this one under control, so i wont comment :)

Pufferfish said...

1. That is great! I have never avoided babies, just annoyed pregnant women.
2. I've never watched AI. There I said it. But I hope she's wrong.
3. That is incredible you've had so many offers. Says alot about you and your friends.
4. I know all too well about wanting to just GET ON with it!
5. I feel like this every month. So far I have not acted upon it. So far....

Danielle said...

I have a friend who TWICE has claimed NO symptoms and then within a day told me she was pregnant.... symptoms are over rated.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks for the present!

D