2 women trying to make a baby

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wishful thinking

Even supportive families are not always supportive in the ways we need them to be.

HJ: If this IVF doesn't work, do you think your parents will help us adopt?
me: no
HJ: Why not?
me: Because they offered to help with the last IVF and then that de-materialized.
HJ: Are you sure they won't help with adoption?
me: pretty sure. I can change my answer but but I told you what I really believe.
HJ: *dejectedly* ok

Another thought: Has anyone watched Private Practice? It's about a fertility practice and is actually pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have often dreamed of my parents (or some other rich benefactor) offering to help out with the financials of this process. hasn't happened yet, but a girl can dream! what a difference it would make to one's stress level not to have to worry about $$.