2 women trying to make a baby

Friday, January 9, 2009

It begins

Today is CD1 for me so IVF #3 has officially begun. I have to admit that I am feeling more nervous than I anticipated... and also excited. I will be seeing my RE tomorrow for blood work and an ultrasound. My RE is always so genuine, warm and honest. I am looking forward to mapping out the cycle with him. I know that he will have obsessed about my cycle almost as much as I will between now and then. *deep calming breaths*

HJ has her IUI scheduled for Monday and we are using our last vial of donor sperm. Every time we have to buy or ship, it seems that prices have increased or there is a new fee. The X cryobank now even has a fee for removing the sperm from storage---- this is basically a fee for opening up the freezer! We chose this bank because our 1st RE suggested them but now I have read some stories about people having bad experiences. I am open to changing banks. What cheaper banks have my fellow bloggers used? And what were your results (in terms of viable sperm)?

7 comments:

A said...

Wow you have alot going on! IVF...IUI. Good luck with both!

I use the California Cryobank. We only had 1 try but our donor's count for that one vial was 29 million. I thought that was a great number! I think they are expensive, but I use them based on the great results other friends of mine had with them because they do have great counts.

Good luck!

Danielle said...

It's HERE!!!!!! HOORAY!!!! The beginning of the new beginning. IVF#3... wow... I won't dwell on it for too long. But jeepers girl, you are one tough cookie!

I'm looking forward to traveling thi with you... Let's think of ourselves as olympians carrying the torch for the final torch lighting ceremony!

Best of luck

D

Pufferfish said...

IVF and an IUI. Whew. Hopefully you'll be good distractions to each other!
We have been using the CCB as well and have been pleased with the vial counts and quality. They are more expensive, but they have a huge selection and are really nice to deal with.

Anonymous said...

hooray for ivf #3!! i am very excited for you! it's always nice to have a cycle buddy on these crazy adventures.

im jealous your partner is IUI-ing on Monday - i've gotta give mine a kick in the pants to get moving again :)

Meredith said...

You must have an uncanny ability to deal with stress!

We use CCB- 2 great experiences with them. The first time we bought 6 months and they had a deal where storage was free, however, our RE's office will store it for free as long as you are an active client with them, so we have it all shipped at once, saving on shipping and storage. I don't remember what our counts were, but the RE was thrilled with the number when she came in.

Anonymous said...

Toot toot the IVF train is getting started. I will be with you on this journey. I am hoping that I will have a cycle day one in about a week.

Best of luck!

Dagny said...

Good luck

xoxo