2 women trying to make a baby

Monday, June 15, 2009

Impatient much?

In my real life, I am pretty focused and patient. BUT in my TTC life, I am a crazed maniac, which opens J and I up to a host of interesting possibilities. Enter our newest waiting-time adventure: we are in the negotiation stage with another known donor. In my mind, the donor eggs are still the sure bet but wouldn't it be amazing for J to end up pregnant with a few home imsem attempts?!! At least at home attempts will not cost us $1000 per month (donor material + monitoring + IUI = $1K).


How this all came into being: a friend of a friend mentioned that he had donated to some other lesbians in the past which resulted in an actual child. New sorta-known donor is quite laid back. He would like to be a part of the child's life in an uncle capacity and thus far he has expressed a willingness to sign over all his rights. (We have a large known-donor contract just for such occasions- which seem to occur with odd frequency.) He is gay but celibate and willing to do all the testing to put our minds at ease. This is an odd situation. We have dinner scheduled with Mr Potential tomorrow night to discuss in more detail. I'll keep you posted.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOh, exciting! I love the idea of trying with a KD while you're waiting for the eggs. Maybe this is the lesbian version of "just relax, it will happen???" (Just kidding!)

Best When Used By said...

Wow, that would be fantastic if Mr. Potential works out! Can you confirm with your friend that this guy is legit? (ever the attorney, always suspicious). I am hoping with everything I have that this is a perfect solution for you and J. I confess I chuckled a little bit when I read that you have a dinner scheduled with him...I hope it's somewhere really private or you'll give nearby diners a real earful!

And thanks for the great cheer you provided in your comment on my blog. You always lift my spirits.

Anonymous said...

ooohh, what a cool idea! doesn't seem like there is any harm in trying while you wait for the donor eggs to become available. keep us posted, i cant wait to hear!

Inlocoparentis said...

I have always wanted to use a KD but never had the opportunity - this sounds promising!

thebao said...

Wow, so exciting! I can't wait to hear how the dinner goes.
Any way you could talk to the other couple he donated to? It may seem weird to be asking for a "reference" of sorts, but really, this whole TTC process is kinda weird for everyone involved!

Danielle said...

way Cool!

May this be the first step to many more ups!

D

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's crazy and good. Might as well keep as many options going as you can right? Keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with Mr Potential - sounds like a good start!

tbean said...

OH! exciting! Keep us posted!

C.I.W. said...

holy CRAP how did I miss this post?!?!?!?

signature first, spermies second :)

I can't wait to hear what happens!

Anonymous said...

That is an incredibly exciting prospect! Good luck with negotiations!