2 women trying to make a baby

Thursday, June 4, 2009

new toys


No news on the TTC front. J and I are waiting for donor eggs and periodically talking over our options. We are hopeful that we will get good news about some young eggs before the end of summer. We wish that we could do IVF for J with donation to me but this option is very expensive and we just don't know if we can swing it financially. (My sad little $2000 IF coverage for the year is used up and J has none.) We are also considering another round or 2 of IUIs. I just wish we had an answer about what path is best. Of course we don't so we are focusing on other things.


We garden and we buy things. Historically I have been committed to using as few gas-powered implements as possible in my desire to be green. However this week it became clear that my long hours at work are making us lose the battle against weeds in the yard, garden and flower beds. I broke down and bought a gas powered weed-eater, a small tiller and a rechargeable thing that pulls weeds. So if you happen to drive by my house, I am the crazy woman with all the lawn implements who is trying to squeeze 3 hours of daily tasks into a 1 hour space. The new toys are helpful and speedy but they seriously impede my zen. I cannot hear the gardens talk to me over the roar of the engines. ;) I suppose it's all about compromises.


After I bought all my goodies, J decided that she deserved a new I-phone. I am officially jealous. Her toy is better than mine!


And I have included a new pic of J on a day when we were planting things and caging the tomatoes.

8 comments:

C.I.W. said...

WEED EATERS?? FUNNNNN!!!

I am not allowed to touch anything yard related unless I am watering.
It is Mics zen.

whatev.

Enjoy your new toys!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your new toys sound fun! And what a cute picture. It looks like you have a nice chunk of land too.

tireegal68 said...

I was just thinking tonight about how i can get a weed eater or a trimmer or something. We just got a push mower and the grass is really long and the big weeds and grass under one tree are going to be murder to mow. Can you transport yourself over with tools?
Sounds like fun in between all the agonizing and scheming and wondering about TTC.
I have all my fingers and toes crossed that you get a lovely young donor SOON!
Cute pics!

Inlocoparentis said...

Awww . . . cute picture! Sorry about the noise - I personally hate yard work but my partner loves it.

Anonymous said...

what a great picture! :) looks like a fun day. i love getting my tomatoes in the ground! but yeah, an iphone is *way* more fun!

im keeping fingers crossed for good/quick news about an egg donor.

Anonymous said...

I love working in the garden, man powered or gas powered, its all good. Have fun with the new toys and I am dying to hear some good eggie news soon!

thebao said...

yay for fun new toys that make your life easier. that pic is great--i love the light. i hope a fab donor comes your way soon!

Best When Used By said...

Well I for one am more jealous of your new toys! I'd take a tiller and weed puller any day over an i-phone! But then again I'm just a beginner gardener...planting and re-planting things numerous times just trying to find enough sunlight!

As for ivf matters, I can only provide a long sympathetic sigh, because the money issue seems to be a long stubborn thorn in so many people's sides - including mine. It's nice that you had even $2,000 coverage, but whoever the heck thought $2,000 would cover ANYTHING ivf related had his head up his butt....and obviously never had to pay for anything ivf.