2 women trying to make a baby

Saturday, February 21, 2009

babies on board

More realistically, I am pregnant until proven otherwise!

Friday, we got to the RE's office and met with the embryologist. He shared that 5 of 7 eggs fertilized and that 3 of the 5 have fragmented. So we had 2 embryos for transfer. He was not nice and he made it plain that my embryos were better last cycle. He basically gave us no hope. I said "ok," with tears in my eyes and just waited for the man to leave HJ and I alone.

Dr Gruff on the other hand was wonderful. He said that we have 2 embryos that are capable of making babies...literally. He was so hopeful and warm. I remembered why I love him again. He is gruff but a serious marshmallow inside.

So now I remain resolutely positive. I refuse to doubt my faith and to doubt my babies. This IVF cycle will work and that is that!

Today is day 1 of the 2ww and I plan to hpt on day 12.

7 comments:

MT said...

Wishing you the best of luck and a speedy 2ww.

Anonymous said...

i am sending lots of positive vibes that your two perfect little embryos are nestling in for the long haul.

sticky, sticky, sticky!!

Next in Line said...

Best of everything for those two embryos. They sound lovely. Did you get a photo? How long does your clinic recommend that you stay in bed after transfer?

Carrie and MJ said...

Wishing you all the best! May those two beautiful embies snuggle in for a 9 month nap!

Victoria said...

I'm wishing the best for your embryos. I have heard many stories about embryos that someone said weren't supposed to work, yet they made the journey. I'm glad you're keeping a positive attitude.

Anonymous said...

I hope emby1 and emby2 are fetuses in no time!
xo

Anonymous said...

Yes! Pregnant until proven otherwise, I love it. I'm thinking of you and those two little embryos and I hope they stick.