2 women trying to make a baby

Monday, February 16, 2009

ER tomorrow

Egg retrieval is scheduled tomorrow morning and I am filled with glee. I am not gleeful about the process itself, certainly not at the stabbing of my ovaries through my uterus (that part I hate), but I am gleeful about what I expect will be the outcome. I think I will get at least 6 mature eggs-- which is great for me!

This cycle certainly has been different from the last one. Everything has matured quickly and my E2 has continued to rise. Dr Gruff says that the rising E2 suggests good egg quality. Last cycle my E2 was rather low. So yay! I am hoping for good eggs, easy fertilization, embryos to freeze and 2 embryos to carry around in my uterus. All of this (of course) will be followed by a positive beta and a healthy 9 months!

If you are thinking that I am being overly optimistic, you are partially right. I have decided that I am putting the positives out there into the universe and waiting for my faith to be rewarded. I have not become a convert of "the secret" just yet but I cannot imagine that worrying will help, thus the positive energy.

Also I like the idea of saying good-bye to IVF... surely 3 is plenty?!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Hooray!!!!

You don't need to have any relation to the Secret to be able to appreciate the value of positive thinking. If given the option it's always more pleasant to feel the warm and comfort that comes from hope, faith and believe. Pick up all the little silver pieces you've collected up to this point. You'll need that silver blanket to keep you warm and safe and cuddly cozy!

As for the e2... that's AWESOME!!! Few people really truly understand the value of a good e2 level rising as it should. I swear that it was my E2 this cycle that ultimately won us our final battle. I really truly do. The e2 is the key!!!

Wishing you a ER that you won't remember!!! As we'll

Danielle said...

damn I was interrupted and didn't finish my sentence LOL!!!

Wishing you a ER that you won't remember!!! As we'll all take the pain for the sake of the journey, we'd just rather now be aware of it or remember it.

Good luck

D

Anonymous said...

wishing you lots and lots of luck tomorrow and a basketful of eggs! :)

A said...

Every exciting! I wish you the best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and your eggs. I hope they have a nice, cozy trip to the lab. I think it's great you're putting out positive energy!

tbean said...

hoping for a great retrieval!