2 women trying to make a baby

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

Yesterday was my 36th birthday. We had a lovely day really.

I went to the RE for my suppression check and everything looked great. Tonight I start taking stims then I go back to the RE Friday to get a look at my follies. I will be using 4 vials of Meno.pur per day, which is about $320 into my ovaries every day. Those lazy bitches are expensive! Let the twice daily stabbings begin.

Then we went out to dinner with about 10 friends. It was a wonderful evening. We laughed alot and I got to spend time with all my favorite people.

But I must share HJ's utter card failure. She presented me with a lovely card which was all loving but not birthday related. It is the 3 flap kind of card. She had written on the back of flap #1. I open up the whole thing to find that I wrote on flap #3 when I originally gave her the card for our anniversary 3 years ago! Apparently, she forgot to buy a birthday card and quickly grabbed one from the stash she keeps in her desk drawer. Rather than grabbing a new card, she got one I gave her years ago. She was mortified! I thought it was too funny!

Last notes: 1 year ago yesterday, I found out I was pregnant. I am trying not to think about all the implications that go along with that thought.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! That sounds like a great night out.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the sad anniversary. (hugs)

4 vials of menopur is a ton! i only ever did two. hope all those drugs get your ovaries moving!! cant wait to hear how the stimming goes.

Carrie and MJ said...

Happy, Happy Birthday - glad you had a great night out! Good luck with stimming!

Meredith said...

Happy belated birthday!

The card debaucle made me giggle. My dear wife did the same thing to me, but with an Valentines day card.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I will be 36 this
May and it feels like a milestone year doesn't it?

Good luck!.

Pufferfish said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I really hope this cocktail of drugs does the trick.

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you enjoyed your card!!!

D

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! That card flub is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Happy (late) Birthday!