2 women trying to make a baby

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lucky number 7

I got 7 eggs yesterday and I feel like I hit the fertility jackpot! I am oozing happiness even through the haze of all the drugs they gave me. Yesterday went surprisingly well. I did not make an ass of myself while in a psychogenic state (yay) and I do not have many unpleasant memories either. All I recall from the procedure is a bunch of disembodied faces and images... the embryologist with a New Zealand accent... the screen showing white blobs (my eggs)... HJ helping me off the table.... the RE covering my legs with sterile paper.... and an assistant talking to me about baby powder (WTF?!) I had a good day. HJ also shared that Dr Gruff said he cannot imagine why I am not already pregnant... what a nice change in attitude!

So now I wait until this afternoon when I call the RE's office and ask about fertilization... fingers crossed please.

Lastly, one of the drugs they gave me yesterday was Halcyon.... how very Valley of The Dolls. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice haul! hope all 7 fertilize beautifully and give you many nice, strong embryos to choose from. can't wait to hear how it goes!

ps. arent those ER drugs amazing? :)

Danielle said...

congrats!!!!

D

Anonymous said...

Seven is great! I am so happy for you. Thank goodness for drug hazes!I have a deep appreciation for them when they start messing around with my lady business. I have crossed my toes for you that you get a great fertilization report today.

Victoria said...

Congrats! Good comments from your RE can make a big difference. Much success as you said, to freeze and to carry in the womb.

tbean said...

Great news!!!

Anonymous said...

All things point to a positive outcome my dear! I cannot wait to hear some great news from you very soon. Loads of love to you and my most fertile and positive thoughts are coming your way.

Anonymous said...

Yeah 7 - fabulous! One of those needs to make you a baby.

Danielle said...

impatiently awaiting the fertility report!

Fingers Crossed.

D